- Wed, 17:33: Dundes, "Here I Sit: a Study in American Latrinalia" [pdf] https://t.co/EvugXrjjvM
- Wed, 17:54: Mozart's automatic waltz generator. How it sounds: https://t.co/xSoNeviwLp Mozart's source code: https://t.co/LwxvoiEsbe
- Wed, 17:57: "A Signal from Mars: March and Two-Step"  Even if you can't play the music, dig that gorgeous color cover! https://t.co/c31V310PkX
- Thu, 08:44: Does anyone out there know of a book of stunts and "snares"? The one I'm trying to find had some rather cruel ones that amazed me as a kid.
- Thu, 08:45: The author used the term "snares." They included ways of tricking people into blacking their own faces, calling themselves a donkey…
- Thu, 08:45: …and "knight of the blanket," where the victim was seated in the middle of three chairs with a blanket across them. No middle chair.
- Thu, 08:46: And the famous "I say HARRY, have you EARED about CHESTER? They had KNEED of his FEETS in the ARMY…", which I see in other places online.
- Thu, 08:47: I thought I knew what book this was, but I found that book, and it's not the one, so never mind that one. Mom had it, and never did a one.
- Thu, 08:47: I never did the mean ones, nor would I, but I've been wanting to see this volume again for a number of years. Phrase searches were no help.
- Thu, 08:51: Oh, and I think Dave Barry must have written about the book one time. I'm going to browse his "greatest hits" collection here.
- Wed, 09:04: "There was a terrible disturbance in the Force, as if someone had flushed the toilet while I was in the shower."
- Wed, 11:35: RT @HeerJeet: You write that George W. Bush was among worst presidents ever but avoided Islamophobic rhetoric we now hear & you're called a…
- Wed, 11:37: Protip: Don't post for a while, and some of the followers you never heard of otherwise begin to drop out of your timeline.
- Thu, 14:59: RT @ppppolls: As conservative as they are overall, 81% of GOP primary voters support background checks on all gun purchases: https://t.co/2…
- Thu, 15:02: RT @Hesiod2k11: ISIS has a 1 year window of opportunity to really destroy this country. They want to attack us before the 2016 election to …
- Thu, 19:08: RT @bennydiego: Do You Miss This Imbecile, Yet? https://t.co/5buNkTkAb0
- Fri, 09:31: Not as much free time, now that I've started keeping a log of all the times amazing coincidences don't happen.
- Fri, 10:13: Me: Okay, this is a quick one. Easy in, easy out. Photoshop: I LIKE SPINNING M: C'mon, focus. Don't do this. P: SPINNING IS FUN …
( Read more...Collapse )
- Wed, 16:12: Happiness is struggling with Photoshop for over an hour, saving repeatedly, and finding it didn't save at all. Wait. That's the opposite.
- Wed, 19:05: RT @cvpayne: Report #Hollande still committed to accepting 30,000 refugees over next two years as a "duty" because "life must go on"
- Wed, 19:05: RT @fidelioscabinet: Proving Hollande has 100x the guts of US politicians. https://t.co/mPsrY6GX8t
- Wed, 19:12: I'm going to guess that the decision to make garbage disposal switches look like, and be next to, light switches was made by Allen Funt.
- Wed, 19:36: RT @ACLU: It's unconstitutional for governors to bar a group of refugees from coming into states on the basis of nationality. https://t.co/…
- Wed, 19:38: "Still blaming Bush for the Iraq mess." In other news, I still blame Booth for shooting Lincoln.
- Wed, 19:45: RT @RavMABAY: Commandment most mentioned in Bible: welcome the stranger-36x it appears. #refugeeswelcome #paris @CapehartJ @jonfavs @arisha…
- Wed, 22:11: RT @birdflyoverlake: Can you imagine the outrage if a Democrat talked to President Bush the way Ted Cruz is talking to President Obama? #in…
- Wed, 22:18: Quotas everywhere. South Park seems to be working to fill a quota of Straw Americans this season.
- Wed, 22:20: RT @sarahjeong: want to see venn diagram of people who hate "safe spaces" because the "outside world isn't safe" and people who fear immigr…
- Sun, 14:09: RT @bennydiego: And while we're at it ... let's make it so GOP politicians have to be drug-tested, too. #gunsense #p2 #tcot https://t.co/JW…
- Sun, 14:12: RT @lucykemnitzer: People shouldn't smoke. Vaping's harm reduction. People should be protected from smoke. HUD's still wrong to force a ban…
- Sun, 14:55: New InDesign has a special feature that tacitly urges me to slow down and think about my writing while it shows me a colorful spinning ball.
- Sun, 17:36: I'm beginning to think that InDesign CS6 has a setting somewhere that says if I hit the backspace key, it gets to take thirty seconds off.
- Sun, 18:28: Simps rerun a crossover with a show that should never have been cancelled. Beats a crossover to one that should never have been renewed.
- Sun, 18:30: RT @jfruh: me IRL https://t.co/vcZCVY03SZ
- Sun, 18:31: If you have MeTV, tonight's COLUMBO has him up against the actor my dad called Old Pointy Ears.
( Read more...Collapse )
- Sat, 12:23: If you don't hear the timer, you can tell your food's a minute from being ready because your body wants to go to the can for ten minutes.
- Sat, 13:27: RT @jackjonestv: No media has covered this, but R.I.P to all the people that lost their lives in Lebanon yesterday from Isis attacks https:…
- Sat, 14:28: RT @doctorow: If every great man has a woman behind him, then every great woman has a man in front of her
- Sat, 19:13: It's always a bit of a disappointment when I click on a link to an "unavailable" tweet and find that the account that made it still exists.
- Sat, 19:41: RT @girlposts: PLEASE give this man the respect he deserves and honour his heroic actions #PrayForLebanon https://t.co/SvckvlCdUN
- Sat, 19:44: RT @pecunium: Want to know what's more likely in the US than death by terrorist? Death by cop. Want to make the US safer, deal with that.
- Sat, 20:14: RT @JohnFugelsang: 2003 -if libs warn Iraq invasion will lead to more terror, call them Un-American. 2015 -if Iraq invasion leads to more …
- Sun, 10:13: TCM is showing THE GLASS KEY, based on a Hammett novel that it took me a while to appreciate. It's a good adaptation.
- Sun, 10:14: Maltin's capsule review says they based YOJIMBO on this, but that was actually based on RED HARVEST. Somebody should film that one straight.
- Sun, 10:22: RT @swimlittlefish: This cartoon sums up so much. Please, please can the #ParisAttacks not slam the door in the faces of the desperate. htt…
( Read more...Collapse )
- Fri, 14:02: In 1980, my piano teacher wrote a piece for two pianos, accordion, and string quartet. It was premiered at Carnegie Hall. I never heard it.
- Fri, 17:03: RT @GlennF: 5 things the media does to manufacture outrage. - Medium https://t.co/s5swYK8YLg by @ParkerMolloy
- Fri, 18:11: RT @BoingBoing: Cop who unplugged his body camera before killing a 19 year old girl gets his job back https://t.co/4xied9jGzl https://t.co/…
- Fri, 18:39: I'm living on the edge tonight! Having my first (8 oz) Coke since Dr put the fear of sugar into me! I may hallucinate.
- Fri, 18:53: RT @VinnieTesla: HELLBOY can be read as Mike Mignola's extended argument with the ideology of killing baby Hitler.
- Fri, 19:29: I'm now reading the tweets from the time of the attacks in Paris. I didn't know, in my quiet room with the TV not on. Damn.
- Fri, 19:35: RT @BCDreyer: This doesn't require your interpretation. This is not like that other thing you hate. This is not your opportunity to score p…
- Fri, 21:06: RT @HaroldItz: I seem to recall a Republican in charge when two planes hit buildings I could see from my window. Burn in hell, jerk https:/…
- Fri, 21:07: RT @RepJackKimble: So, 1000s of refugees fleeing terrorism are blamed because of terrorists who displayed local knowledge and months of pla…
- Fri, 21:12: RT @JessicaValenti: https://t.co/ycKOiVT9Ce