- Fri, 16:17: I have a tentative draft of my philosophy of life: Left foot. Right foot. If not there yet, repeat.
- Sat, 09:39: Just mowed the lawn and trimmed some branches. There were some ants about, which reminded me of a story Dad told me a long time ago.
- Sat, 09:40: Guy's walking down the street and sees a fellow sitting on an ant-bed, and crying with pain. "You big dummy! Why don't you get off that?"
- Sat, 09:40: And the other guy snarls at him through his tears and says fiercely, "It's MY ant-bed!" (That's the end.)
- Sat, 10:00: RT @EricKleefeld: Turns out that during the Lewinsky scandal and impeachment, Bill Clinton was actually one of the most morally pure leader…
- Sat, 10:09: RT @robin182zz: Patriot Act That Dennis Hastert Passed Led To His Indictment #UniteBlue #LibCrib http://t.co/gy8iJualq0 http://t.co/b4Ncg…
- Thu, 12:08: Computer melting down, and I'm leaving town for a couple weeks in June. Try to remember me, okay?
- Thu, 12:09: RT @LOLGOP: FYI: The government can mandate an unnecessary, invasive medical procedure. But letting gay people buy things with money is tyr…
- Thu, 12:11: RT @JohnFugelsang: Towards the end of Toy Story 3 my toddler turns & says 'if Andy can't figure out those toys are alive by age 17 he's a c…
- Thu, 12:13: RT @billmon1: A more perfect example of Red State socialism you probably will not find --> https://t.co/np5Bb9UEd6
- Fri, 10:28: The fluttering moth Escapes from my lawn mower To the uncut row.
- Fri, 10:30: Apparently I gained two pounds while taking a shower. I swear I had my mouth closed the whole time.
- Fri, 10:31: Fun day yesterday. Computer was in the shop, and my phone sensed vulnerability.
- Wed, 18:23: Hey, bus driver. Yellow blinking means I pass you carefully the other way. Suddenly going red and honking as I stop means you're an ass.
- Wed, 19:50: RT @Halftongue: The hypocrisy of Ted Cruz doesn't diminish Texas' need for help. http://t.co/cLGysBdLnV
- Wed, 21:42: Your account may not be able to do that. Please refresh and then scroll down for a solid hour and hope you can get back to where you were.
- Wed, 22:45: In an hour TCM's going to show the worst travesty of a Chandler novel ever put on film. The half-hour radio show was better.
- Thu, 11:19: RT @dabeard: Another Russian democratic activist - and Putin opponent - in hospital, this time from "suspected poisoning." https://t.co/Ph5…
- Tue, 12:50: Twitter, why do you offer me a click to "see more in conversation" when there are, apparently, no more items in the conversation?
- Tue, 15:18: RT @sacca: This is as close as Congress will ever come to saying, "Thank you, Edward Snowden." http://t.co/OrjQGR5iGN http://t.co/LSrw8sXlMb
- Tue, 16:52: Please stand with me in limiting online laughter to once per person with the YOLOLOLO Act.
- Tue, 20:54: RT @SusanMaylone: Film The Police! http://t.co/9syM5kNWZC via @bravenewfilms *Several states are trying to ban filming of police, speak up!
- Tue, 21:14: Remember, internet paper is expensive, so be sure and save money by making every photo you tweet the size of a nickel.
- Tue, 22:46: YouTube has -pay- videos now? FYT.
- Wed, 09:14: RT @Bipartisanism: The #TexasFlood should remind everyone that both Texas senators voted against disaster relief funding. #TedCruz http://t…
- Mon, 15:20: No, really, I could care, oh, about 15% less, before my caring gets too low for instruments to measure.
- Mon, 20:01: A disk finished dubbing in the recorder, so I tried to edit it with the computer mouse. Chuckled at my error. Then tried to use keyboard.
- Mon, 21:19: I meant to mention that the RICK & MORTY opening for the Simps also had a vending machine for SLURM. Mmmmm. Slurrrrm. So addictive!
- Mon, 22:12: RT @pecunium: Happy Memorial Day? Yeah, sure, but this is what it's about. http://t.co/EyIlsUuls1
- Mon, 22:12: RT @Bipartisanism: A #MemorialDay portrait of #GeorgeWBush made from pictures of all US #soldiers he killed in Iraq. http://t.co/8XaTbQwX80
- Mon, 22:18: Uncle Dick died in an air accident in WW2. Talented artist & athlete. His middle name was Kipling, so we're sort of namesakes. Remembering.
( Read more...Collapse )
- Sun, 12:27: Ventriloquist dummies, am I right? The wooden id of the mild-mannered fella or gal whose lap they perch upon. >
- Sun, 12:28: > Grotesque in features, freakish in stature, hideous in voice, but the truly bizarre aspect is what ventriloquist dummies say. >
- Sun, 12:29: > Of particular unhealthy interest are the ones that appear in the wild world of Christian kids' TV, like the snide Sharky of Cap'n Hook. >
- Sun, 12:30: > Sharky lives on over on YouTube, though the good Captain died unexpectedly after I'd recorded a few episodes of his amazing show. >
- Sun, 12:31: > The diction of dummies, especially those with bad ventriloquists, is a subject all its own. One learns early on to say D for B, N for M… >
- Sun, 12:32: > The master ventriloquists make these substitutions sound natural. The bad ones make them sound like even more work than they are. >
- Sun, 12:32: > Which brings me to Phyllis Barnard and Joey, singing "This Little Light of NNine": http://t.co/PrAbX1uANJ >
- Sun, 12:33: > Joey's words sound particularly laborious, as if Phyllis even needs workarounds for vowels like the long I sound ("oy"). >
- Sun, 12:34: > One must credit Phyllis for not cheating in front of the microphone, even though nobody can see whether her lips move or not. >
- Sun, 12:35: > Joey's horrific singing still seems to possess a myriad of delicate touches that only became apparent to me on repeat listens. >